Introduction of ISO 22000 Certification: Food Safety means adequate controls on presence of food based hazards in food at the time of its consumptions. Food safety is not single stage controls but is combined efforts of all the party participating in the food chain, this includes Feed Producers, Primary Producers through manufacturer, Transporter, Store operator, wholesalers, retailers, Caterers, Food Service Outlets and Producers of Equipments, Packaging Materials, Cleaning Agents, Additives & preservatives & Ingredients and Service providers. Even this includes Pesticides, fertilizers and veterinary drugs. Successful Implementation of FSMS helps the organisation to prevent problems like presence of Microbes, Toxins and Adulteration etc before its occurrence & Suggest Corrective action.
Key Elements of FSMS (ISO 22000:22005) Certification:
Interactive Communication: Effective communication is essentials to ensure that all possible hazards are duly identified & adequately controlled at each step within the food chain.
System Management: Compatible with ISO 9001
Prerequisites Programmes: (PRPs)
HACCP Principals: HACCP Plan
Adaption of ISO 22000:2005 should be a planned Decision of any Organization; Design & Implementation & time required is basically depend on the following factor:
- Organizational Environment
- Chain involved
- Products or Services in which organisation dealt with.
- The Process adopted
- Size & organizational Structure
- Risk associated with the Products & Processes.
Principals: ISO 22000: 2005 (HACCP) Certifications
- Hazard Analysis: Biological, chemical & physical.
- Identify CCP: Identify Critical Control Point of food Chain.
- Controls: Establishment of critical control points and preventive measures thereon.
- Monitoring of CCP.
- Ascertain Corrective Actions.
- Records Keeping.
- Third Party Audit
Benefit of ISO 22000 Certification:
- ISO 22000 helps Organisation to provide safe food products to consumers.
- ISO 22000 is a Scientific Approach
- Make food safety responsibility of Food Chain parties.
- Competitive edge
- ISO 22000 Help Business, Government & Society.
Roadmap for QMS ISO 9001:2008: Roadmap and plan for ISO 22000 Certification basically depend on various factor, but mainly following are the main factors of the FSMS (ISO 22000:2005) Certification.
- Identify the requirements of ISO 22000:2005 to your organisation.
- Make Decision for ISO Implementation/Certification
- Get skilled team or hire services of consultants..
- Identify GAP Analysis.
- Design, implement, aware about the Policy, Manual & SOP.
- Establish & evaluate the system and procedure.
- Identify the boundaries of the management system and produce documented procedures as required.
- Ensure these procedures are suitable and adhered to.
- Once developed, internal audits & Third party audit are needed to ensure the system keeps working.