OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety Management System
This system is proven to enable a business to be pro-active rather then re-active when approaching health and safety, therefore more effectively protecting the health and welfare of your workforce on an on-going basis. A OHSAS 18001 health and safety management provides a process driven approach to controlling and monitoring risks that can arise from the company’s day to day activities.
The system is proven to help business owners and managers be more aware of their legal and regulatory accountabilities and assist them in identifying and control the associated risks.
Why OHSAS 18001 certification?
By obtaining the OHSAS 18001 Certification you can prove to your stakeholders, customers and staff that you are aware of your health and safety obligations and are looking to minimise any risks.
The main benefit of obtaining OHSAS 18001 are:
- Enhanced reputation as a health and safety conscious organisation.
- Reduced risk of potential litigation cases, for example through reducing the number of accidents in the work place.
- Improved productivity of the workforce as potential for absenteeism and sickness is reduced.
- By conducting rigorous risk and hazard assessments customers are reassured that products / services are delivered within legal requirements.
- Peace of mind that they are employed by a company that promotes health and safety in the workplace, and involvement from all staff to ensure it is a safe place to work.